Landlord/Tenant & Partition

Landlord/Tenant and Partition Actions

Landlord/Tenant, Title Issues/Specific Performance and Partition Actions


Experienced Representation throughout San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Antelope Valleys

If you are a landlord or a tenant in a dispute involving residential or commercial property, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your interests. Eviction proceedings must follow strict procedures. An experienced attorney will make certain that your interests are protected in any legal proceeding.

At the Law Offices of Charrow & Slee, in Northridge, we have over 29 years of experience representing clients throughout the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Antelope Valleys. Because we understand the stress and anxiety that can accompany a landlord-tenant dispute or other real property matters, we place a high priority on personal service and attention, so that you have the confidence that you are being heard and that your legal concerns are being addressed. Contact our offices online to schedule a confidential consultation at a reasonable rate.

Landlord-Tenant Representation

We represent both landlords and tenants in eviction proceedings (unlawful detainer), arising from a variety of circumstances:

Residential/Commercial Evictions

We handle cases involving non-payment of rent and violations of rental provisions, from “no pets” to failure to obtain liability insurance.

Probate and Evictions

For example, if you have inherited property from your uncle but there is a trespasser or tenant at the property, eviction proceedings may be necessary. As a tenant at the property, you also have rights, depending on whether it is a rent control property or single family dwelling. There are many variables.

Foreclosure and Evictions

Because of the economy, owners are losing their properties. As a renter, what are your rights? There are new laws relating to proper notice. If you reside in a rent control property, you may not even have to move. You need an experienced lawyer to navigate through the ever-changing laws. Purchasers of foreclosed properties must know their rights too, whether desiring to evict a tenant or the previous owner.

Bankruptcy and Evictions

When your residential or commercial tenant files bankruptcy prior to or during evictions proceedings the owner is “stayed” (stopped) from proceeding with or commencing the eviction until the appropriate action can be filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court. Even for experienced owners who have dealt with evictions on their own, this task in Federal Court can be daunting. Our office has handled these matters for years – swiftly and efficiently.

Wrongful Evictions

We protect the rights of tenants who have been evicted under false pretenses – typically from rent control properties. This situation often arises when an owner of an apartment gives an eviction notice that a relative or manager will be moving into their unit and the tenant vacates. However, the landlord then rents the unit to a new tenant at a much higher rent. You, as the former tenant, have financial recourse.

Partition Actions

If you and your significant other purchase a home together and then have a “falling out,” how do you divide the property if you are unmarried and cannot agree whether to sell the home or not? Or, if you inherited real property, along with five other relatives who also inherited the property (and the home was not sold in probate), how do you divide the property if you are the only one who wants to sell? In either scenario, a partition action is your answer. In most cases, you can force the sale of the property or you can force the others to “buy out” your interest. The bottom line is you have a significant remedy.

To set up a confidential consultation at an affordable rate, contact us online or call 818-349-1305.